Trash/Recycling Service Update
Date: February 18, 2021
From the desk of Larry Meany, District General Manager, Waste Connections...
We are certainly anxious for this crazy weather to be over. With the additional snowfall last night and ongoing subfreezing temperatures, we will not be operating again tomorrow (Thursday, February 18) due to expected dangerous road conditions. We understand the inconvenience that the weather-driven service disruption has had on the families and businesses that we serve, and we are anxious to work diligently to get things back to normal.
With the forecasted weather beginning to return to normal we are preparing the schedule below to begin recovery in a safe manner:
Thursday, February 18: We will be focusing on thawing out our fleet with our Maintenance Techs that can safely come into our yard.
Friday, February 19: Depending on conditions, we anticipate being able to collect roll-off and commercial customers that are critical in nature such as hospitals, multi-family, etc.
Saturday, February 20: If conditions allow we will continue to recover roll-off and commercial customers in an effort to get these facilities caught up; we will operate until noon when the t-station closes.
Sunday, February 21: No operations
Monday, February 22: We will return to normal operations for Commercial, Roll-off, and Residential except for residential bulk service. - Residential routes will operate on the scheduled day with an emphasis on solid waste pickups along with the additional volume we’re expecting.
- Monday garbage routes will be completed on Monday, Tuesday garbage routes will be completed on Tuesday, and so forth through next week.
- We will attempt to collect Recycling routes on the regularly scheduled day. We may not get them completed on the scheduled day due to the anticipated heavy garbage volume. If this occurs we will roll the current day remaining households to the next day.
- Monday recycle routes will be run on Monday. However, with the heavy expected garbage volume, we anticipate not being able to complete these routes.
- If this occurs, we will roll the residual customers into Tuesday, and once we have Monday customers completed, we will begin to pick up Tuesday customers.
- We will repeat this type of collection for the recycling routes until we have them all completed no later than Saturday, February 27. Our intent with this schedule is to provide a scheduled and predictable recovery of the backlogged service that we experienced this week with the historic weather. We believe using the above process that we will have service back to normal and resume all scheduled service to include bulk service on Monday, March 1.
Thank You for your patience and support during this historic weather event. We look forward to returning to normal schedules as quickly and safely as possible.
Celina Creeks of Legacy HOA